The 2023 Susan McDaniel Run for Lovelane will be held on Sunday, June 11.
Registration to open March 1, 2023.
Why we run!
Susan McDaniel, an avid athlete, actress, and equestrian, was a student at Lovelane throughout her two-year battle with cancer. Susan showed us how to defiantly live life. When surgery took the coordination in her right hand, she learned to write with her left. When treatments left her too exhausted to ride, she took joy in stable chores and teaching other students. Susan’s family spearheaded the Run in her memory to ensure all families have access to Lovelane’s unique and effective therapy.
All proceeds from the Run support Lovelane’s Tuition Assistance Program, so that all children in need can receive the highly beneficial therapy at Lovelane regardless of their family’s financial situation. Support for tuition assistance is critical for our families now more than ever.
Run or walk to benefit the children at Lovelane Special Needs Horseback Riding Program at the Susan McDaniel Run for Lovelane. This year’s run is being conducted both in person and virtually on Sunday, June 11! Join elite and novice runners, families, walkers, and children as they run or walk to support Lovelane at Weston Town Hall in Weston, MA. This family friendly event has live music, a food truck, a clown, prizes and more!
- Prizes for all kids participating in the Diaper Dash and Kids’ 1/2 Mile Fun Run as well as prizes for winners in all age groups and overall winners (in-person participants only).
- Food truck, music, clown, face painting, complimentary waters, fruit and snacks.
- Plenty of on-street parking.
FOR VIRTUAL PARTICIPANTS:
- When registering, select a distance, either the 5K Run, 1 Mile Walk, or 1/2 Mile Kids’ Fun Run, sign up, and pay the registration fee. You can sign up multiple participants.
- After completing the race, you can upload your finishing time and any pictures to our results page.
- Participants will receive bibs, finish lines, and ribbons in the mail. Register by Thursday, June 1, to receive your bib and finish line to use on race day – June 11!