VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES AT LOVELANE
VOLUTNEER WITH US!
Volunteers make Lovelane who we are today! Without them we would not be here to provide our students the highly beneficial therapy they need.
Lovelane volunteers proudly and generously give their time and their heart to support and provide for our students and horses. Our volunteers groom, tack, and lead horses; they encourage our riders; they ensure that our students have productive, fun and safe experiences at Lovelane.
Volunteering at Lovelane gives you an opportunity to make a difference, to give back, to meet new friends and to work as a team. Our riders, in turn, provide our volunteers many rewards – smiles, camaraderie, enthusiasm, and pride in the progress of their skill. Join us today and become a part of the Lovelane team!
SUMMER VOLUNTEERS NEEDED!
Horse Leaders and Sidewalkers needed for:
- Horsemanship Workshops, weekday mornings, Monday – Friday, 8:45 – 12 noon, all weeks from July 10 – Aug. 18th. Pick your weeks!
- Weekday afternoon lessons, 3-4 hour shifts
Volunteers must be 16 years old. Horse leaders need 3-5 years of horse experience. No experience needed for sidewalkers.
A horse leader is responsible for leading the horse safely during lessons. The leader’s main focus is paying attention to the horse, and listening closely to the instructor’s directions. The horse leader’s primary goal is safety and controlling the horse. Horse leaders need 3-5 years of significant horse experience.
Things to consider!
- Must be 16 years or older
- Shifts are 3-4 hours long, 1 time a week
- For those who can't commit to a weekly shift, we offer fill in opportunities
- Strongly prefer 3-5 years of horse experience
- Must submit ID for Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI)
- Duties can be physically demanding
- Lovelane is open year round, 7 days a week
- Make a difference in a child’s life
- Get outside
- Be active
- Meet new people
- Give back to your community
- Make an impact
- Share your skills
- Spend time with horses