The Carrot Club is a social skill-building program for students ages 3 – 6. This group is facilitated by Kristin Chisum, a speech-language pathologist who specializes in social cognition. Kristin has also been a therapeutic riding instructor at Lovelane for over 20 years. Kristin utilizes our horses to model key social cues to set the scene for positive peer interactions that support social language development.
This program will help participants:
- Increase social awareness
- Develop strategies for successful social interactions, including:
- Cooperative play
- Self-regulation / “staying expected”
- Following a group plan
- “Sharing an Imagination”
- Build self-esteem and confidence
- Improve conversational skill, including turn-taking, topic maintenance, eye-contact, and body language
SPRING 2023 PROGRAM DATES:
This program will run for 6 weeks from April – May.
- Sundays from 10:00 – 10:45 am, April 2, 16, & 30, May 14 & 21, and June 4
- Sundays from 11:00 – 11:45 am, April 2, 16, & 30, May 14 & 21, and June 4
- COST: $330 for 6 weeks
SUMMER 2023 PROGRAM DATES:
This program will run for 5 weeks in July and August. Please note that only classes with sufficient enrollment will run.
- Tuesdays from 12:30 – 1:15 pm, July 11 – August 15 (no class July 18)
- Tuesdays from 4:00 – 4:45 pm, July 11 – August 15 (no class July 18)
- COST: $275 for 5 weeks
FALL 2023 PROGRAM DATES – COMING SOON!
For More Information
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Or call Jennie Cooke 781-259-1177 x23
Other Unmounted Horsemanship Offerings: Barn Buddies | Find Your Stride | Horse Care Academy | Private Unmounted Sessions