Internship Opportunities at Lovelane
Lovelane Special Needs Horseback Riding Inc. is a 501(c)(3) non-profit therapeutic riding program located in Lincoln, MA. In a fun, supportive environment, Lovelane provides high-quality therapeutic horseback riding to achieve occupational, physical, speech, cognitive and other therapeutic gains, focusing on children with special needs.
Summer and school year internships are available at Lovelane and can include the following: sidewalking and leading in therapeutic lessons, assistance in our unmounted programs, assistance with lesson planning and game creation for the program, barn work, assistance with fundraising tasks and possible exposure to non-profit planning.
Requirements and Skills Needed:
- Must be 17 years or older
- Be able to commit to a weekly schedule on-site
- Preferred experience with horse care, handling and be knowledgeable of horse behavior (3-5 years preferred)
- Able to tack and lead horses in therapeutic horseback riding lessons (preferred not required)
- Work cooperatively and independently with the barn and program team
- Self-motivated, reliable, energetic, flexible, and highly organized
- A special interest in our mission and strong belief in Lovelane’s core values of positivity, collaboration, respect, compassion, excellence, and fun.
- Able to make a minimum commitment of 8 hours per week for at least 4 weeks. Ideally, a commitment of 10-15 hour a week for 6-8 weeks (days/times can be flexible depending on intern’s availability and our schedule)
A Lovelane internship is an unpaid opportunity to experience direct, hands-on involvement in the therapeutic horseback riding industry. An internship at Lovelane is a rewarding and fulfilling experience.
To apply, email your cover letter and resume to
Volunteer Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information visit our website: lovelane.org